Jaques Brothers Proprietary Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Jaques Brothers Proprietary Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Jaques Brothers Limited
  • Jaques Limited

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1888 - 1979

History

Jaques Brothers, manufacturers of road making machinery, stone crushers and excavators, was established in Melbourne in 1888 after the original partnership between Edward Jaques and Edwin Phillips of Phillips and Jaques was dissolved. The new partnership between Edward Jaques and his brother, Wallace, was registered in Melbourne in 1917 as Jaques Brothers Proprietary Limited. It became a public company in 1949. On 22 March 1973, Jaques Brothers Limited changed its name to Jaques Limited, which was taken over by Clyde Industries Ltd on 19 September 1979.

Places

Melbourne, Victoria

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

machinery and equipment manufacturing

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 25 May 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

www.delisted.com.au (accessed on 25 May 2011)

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC