Deposit 125 - Jaques Brothers Proprietary Limited deposit

Identity area

Reference code



Jaques Brothers Proprietary Limited deposit


  • 1896 - 1965 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

4.5 m

Context area

Name of creator

(1888 - 1979)

Administrative history

Jaques Brothers, manufacturers of road making machinery, stone crushers and excavators, was established in Melbourne in 1888 after the original partnership between Edward Jaques and Edwin Phillips of Phillips and Jaques was dissolved. The new partnership between Edward Jaques and his brother, Wallace, was registered in Melbourne in 1917 as Jaques Brothers Proprietary Limited. It became a public company in 1949. On 22 March 1973, Jaques Brothers Limited changed its name to Jaques Limited, which was taken over by Clyde Industries Ltd on 19 September 1979.

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Memorandum and articles of association, financial records, wages books and registers, sales records, plant and tools book, apprentice indentures, and a history of the company.


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Researchers must sign an access agreement

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Dates of creation revision deletion

Entered from deposit description on 4 August 2011




Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places