Warrah Station

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Warrah Station

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Warrah Estate

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1833 – 1972

History

Warrah was acquired by the Australian Agricultural Company in 1833 and was originally managed by W Telfer 1832-1836. In 1864 under the new General Superintendent, E C Merewether, and the Warrah Manager, Samuel Craik, the Australian Agricultural Company began development of the Warrah Estate for sheep breeding and invested heavily in wells, bores and fencing. The Warrah Estate was divided into two sections: East Warrah (122,600 acres) and West Warrah/Windy (127,000 acres). In 1912, 1923 and after World War II areas of land on the Warrah Estate were sold and resumed by the New South Wales Government due to closer settlement movements. The Warrah homestead and adjoining areas in The Highlands and south east corner were sold in 1972.

Places

New South Wales

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

sheep and cattle farming

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 7 March 2012

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

P A Pemberton, Pure Merinos and Others: the “shipping lists” of The Australian Agricultural Company (Canberra: Australian National University, Archives of Business and Labour, 1986)
In Good Company: 175 years of Australian Agricultural Company 1824-1999

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC