W G Davies and Company

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

W G Davies and Company

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1915 - 1975

History

In 1915 William Gauld Davies and Marjorie Grant Davies purchased Athol station from Davies' parents, William Davies and Elizabeth Jane Davies, who had purchased it in 1910 from John Murray. The partnership traded as W G Davies & Co. From February 1947 the partnership changed to include their children William Grant Davies, Barbara Grant Sharp and Catherine Grant Palmer. The partnership owned Athol station until it was sold in 1972.

Places

Blackall, Queensland

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

sheep and cattle farming

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 20 May 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

The Australian Pastoral Directory

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC