Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
A Trimmers' and Binders' Union [of New South Wales] was formed in 1909. In 1912 it amalgamated with The New South Wales Association of Felt Hatters, and The [Hatters] Assistants' to form The NSW Branch of the Federated Felt Hatting and Allied Trades Employees’ Union. This Union was registered under the Commonwealth Conciliation and Arbitration Act on 29 June 1912 as the New South Wales Branch of the Federated Felt Hatting Employees’ Union of Australasia. The New South Wales Association of Felt Hatters which was formed in 1902, became the No 1 Division of the New South Wales Branch while the Trimmers and Binders became the No 2 Division. The Assistants were organised in June 1912 to form the No 3 Division. The No 1A Division was formed in 1949.
The name of the Union was changed in March 1950 to the Federated Felt Hatting & Allied Trade Employees Union of Australia. It amalgamated with the Australian Textile Workers Union in 1984, which in 1987 amalgamated with the Australian Boot Trade Employees Federation to form the Amalgamated Footwear and Textile Workers Union of Australia. A further amalgamation was completed in 1992 with the Clothing and Allied Trades Union of Australia which formed the Textile Clothing & Footwear Union of Australia.