AU NBAC Z792
Trades and Labour Council of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) deposit 3
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
The Trades and Labour Council of the Federal Capital Territory was formed at a meeting on 16 April 1931 in the Parks and Gardens Cottage in Acton with representatives from the Australian Workers' Union, the Federated Clerks' Union, the Operative Plasterers' Federation, the Amalgamated Society of Carpenters and Joiners, the Operative Painters' and Decorators' Union, the Electrical Trades Union, the Plumbers' and Gasfitters' Employees' Union, the Federated Liquor and Allied Trades Employees' Union, the Slaters', Tilers' and Shinglers' Union, and the Australasian Society of Engineers. It changed its name to the Trades and Labour Council of the Australian Capital Territory in 1938. Programs associated with the Trades and Labour Council have included Art in Working Life, the Canberra Union Voices Choir, and the Workwatch Occupational Health and Safety Training Centre. It changed its name to UnionsACT in 2002.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This deposit has not yet been processed.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Researchers must sign an access agreement.