Deposit 17 - Rockhampton Downs Pastoral Company deposit

Identity area

Reference code

AU NBAC 17

Title

Rockhampton Downs Pastoral Company deposit

Date(s)

  • 1923 - 1953 (Creation)

Level of description

Deposit

Extent and medium

0.7 m

Context area

Name of creator

(1923 - 1945)

Administrative history

The company was registered in Brisbane on 13 May 1923. Its original shareholders included William Henry Young, Horace Walter Herbert, Gilbert Schmidt, Henry William Byram, John Ambrose Walsh, James Francis Fitzgerald and Daniel James Kiley. The company was the proprietor of Rockhampton Downs Station located in the Barkly Tableland District, Northern Territory, from around 1931 to 1941. The station was purchased in August 1941 by the Northern Territory Pastoral Company Pty Ltd, of which William Henry Young, Gilbert Schmidt and Horace Walter Herbert were original shareholders. By November 1945 Rockhampton Downs Pastoral Company Pty Ltd was in voluntary liquidation.

Name of creator

(1941 - 1996)

Administrative history

The company was incorporated as a Limited Company in Darwin on 23 July 1941. Its original shareholders were Henry Schmidt, Gilbert Schmidt, William Henry Young, Horace Walter Herbert and Henry Herbert Antcliff. On 9 August 1941 the company purchased the pastoral lease of Rockhampton Downs Station from Rockhampton Downs Pastoral Company Pty Ltd. The station was later acquired by the Australian Agricultural Company through AA&P Joint Holdings Ltd in 1948. The Northern Territory Pastoral Company Pty Ltd was deregistered on 13 December 1996.

Name of creator

(1937 - 1996)

Administrative history

The company was registered in Queensland on 20 April 1937 and was the proprietor of South Galway Station in Windorah, Queensland. Its original shareholders included Gilbert Schmidt, Rudolf Schmidt, Henry Schmidt and William Henry Young. Gibert Schmidt and William Henry Young also held interests in Rockhampton Downs Pastoral Company Pty Ltd and the Northern Territory Pastoral Company Pty Ltd which were proprietors of Rockhampton Downs Station. South Galway Station was acquired by the Australian Agricultural Company through AA&P Joint Holdings Ltd in 1948. The Cooper River Pastoral Company Pty Ltd was deregistered on 13 December 1996.

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Minutes and financial records, memorandum and articles of association of Rockhampton Downs Pastoral Co Ltd. Financial records, memorandum and articles of association of the NT Pastoral Co Ltd and Cooper River Pastoral Co Ltd. Includes map of the NT Barkly Tableland District, and papers relating to properties including the above and Argyle Station, Auvergne Station and Ivanhoe Station

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Researchers must sign an access agreement

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

NBAC 4

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Dates of creation revision deletion

Entered from deposit description on 11 August 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area