Nanango Station

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Nanango Station

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1846 - c. 1921

History

The area around Nanango was settled in 1846 after the opening of Queensland to free settlement. Nanango Station was established by William Elliot Oliver, and later owned by Bryce Thomson Barker. In a letter dated 30 January 1861 Barker offered to sell Nanango Station to George Clapperton, who had worked at the station. After Clapperton's death in 1875, his wife sold Nanango station. From 1895 to around 1921, John and James Millis are listed as station proprietors.

Places

Nanango, Queensland

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

sheep and cattle farming

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 7 Jul 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

The Australian Pastoral Directory 1895-1921

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC