Mount Wood Pastoral Company Proprietary Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Mount Wood Pastoral Company Proprietary Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1908 - 1987

History

The company was registered on 30 October 1908. The company owned Mount Wood Station, near Tibooburra in New South Wales. Mount Wood Station was first taken up in 1883 by George Dorward and later the homestead and woolscour were built in 1897. Proprietors of the station were Moore, Dorward & Co (1893 - 1897); Moore, Dorward and Palmer (1905 - 1907) and later Mount Wood Pastoral Co Pty Ltd (1908 - 1973). Its Managing Director inlcuded Ian McLachlan (1950s - 1973). Mount Wood Station was incorporated into Sturt National Park after 1972. The company was deregistered on 16 January 1987.

Places

Tibooburra, New South Wales

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

sheep and cattle farming

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 3 Jun 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

The Australian Pastoral Directory
Australian Historical Archaeology 2, 1984, http://ashadocs.org/aha/02/02_04_Pearson.pdf (accessed on 3 June 2011)
Australian Securities & Investments Commision, http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=004_057_925&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1 (accessed on 3 June 2011)

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC