Mercadool Station

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Mercadool Station

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

c. 1893 - c. 1991

History

A pastoral property in the Parkes district of New South Wales later owned by John David Hill and his family. Previous stock and station owners for Mercadool station include Firebrace & Co and the executors of R E Firebrace (c. 1893 - c. 1907); Field and Moses Brothers (c. 1915 - c. 1923); A P Hunter and A P Hunter & Sons (c. 1925 - c. 1950). In June 1950 the property was purchased by Harold John Hill who ran the property with his son John David Hill, as J H Hill & Son, until his death in 1956. J D Hill managed Mercadool until he died in 1991.

Places

Walgett and Parkes District, NSW

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

sheep and cattle farming

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 29 August 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

The Australian Pastoral Directory
Hill Papers by David Nash

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC