Deposit N230 - Lake Victoria Station deposit

Identity area

Reference code



Lake Victoria Station deposit


  • 1881 - 1910 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

6 boxes

Context area

Name of creator

(1880 -)

Administrative history

The land at Lake Victoria Station was first taken up in 1847 by George Melrose and the homestead constructed in 1880. From around 1884 to 1895 the station was owned by Robert Tully and Co, and managed by J Armstrong. During the 1890s its proprietors commenced moving the activity centre of the station to the outstation Nulla Nulla, and by early 1920s most activity had been relocated to Nulla Nulla Station where stock was held. Later proprietors of the station included A M L & F Co Ltd (1897); A Armstrong (1903 - 1917); Armstrong Pty Ltd (1919 - 1925); Armstrong Pastoral Co Ltd (1927 - 1931); A Armstrong Pty Ltd (1933 - 1946); Lake Victoria Proprietors (1949 - ).

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Journals, ledgers, diaries, shearing returns, stores and day books, station owner and manager's correspondence, and financial records.


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Researchers must sign an access agreement

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Dates of creation revision deletion

Entered from deposit description on 4 August 2011




Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places