Deposit 33 - Johns and Waygood deposit

Identity area

Reference code



Johns and Waygood deposit


  • 1877 - 1941 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

6.0 m

Context area

Name of creator

(1892 - 1957)

Administrative history

The original firm of Peter Johns, engineer and businessman, was known as Johns' Hydraulic & General Engineering Co Ltd until 1892. In 1892 his company became known as Johns and Waygood Limited, after taking over the Australian business of the English elevator manufacturer, Richard Waygood & Co. Johns and Waygood Limited was delisted from 11 April 1957 following conversion of the company's shares into shares of the Holding Company.

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Letter books, ledgers, financial records, wages books, register of shareholders and dividend registers.


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Researchers must sign an access agreement

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Dates of creation revision deletion

Entered from deposit description on 4 August 2011




Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places