Hill, John David

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Hill, John David

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1915 - 1991

History

John David Hill was born on 19 September 1915 and attended Parkes Primary School and Parkes Intermediate High School. He inherited properties in the Parkes District from his father, Harold John Hill and his grandmother, Mrs E Arthur (nee Newbigging): 'Fedora' was drawn in a ballot c. 1906 by J D Hill's father and sold in 1949; 'Islay', which was a nearby property inherited by J D Hill, was drawn in a ballot c. 1906 by Mrs E Arthur and was sold in 1949; 'Locarno' was built in 1926 and purchased by H J Hill to be the family's town residence from 1927-1932, and was sold in the early 1950s; 'Tatura' was built in 1937 in J D Hill's name by his grandmother Mrs E Arthur who lived on the property. Mercadool, west of Parkes, was purchased from the Estate of A P Hunter in June 1950 and occupied by H J Hill & Son. Upon H J Hill's death in 1956, J D Hill bought out his sister, Doris G Nash's, half interest in Mercadool. J D Hill farmed Mercadool from 1950 to 1991. Hill died on 7 March 1991.

Places

Parkes District, Central NSW

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

farmer; grazier

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 19 September 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Hill Papers compiled by David Nash

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC