ANU Faculty of Science

Identity area

Type of entity

University unit

Authorized form of name

ANU Faculty of Science

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1960 -

History

The Faculty of Science, in the School of General Studies, was formed as part of the amalgamation of the Canberra University College with the Australian National University in September 1960. The Faculty of Science initially comprised of the Departments of Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Physics and Zoology. In 1980, the School of General Studies was renamed the Faculties with the Faculty of Science comprising the Departments of Applied Mathematics, Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Forestry, Geology, Physics, Psychology, Pure Mathematics, Theoretical Physics, Zoology, and the National Nuclear Resonance Centre. From January 2006 seven ANU Colleges were formed with Faculties, Research Schools, and Centres grouped along discipline lines.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

teaching and learning

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Dunbar, David Noel Ferguson (1922 - 2011)

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

associative

Dates of the relationship

1963 - 1967

Description of relationship

Dean

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

ANU Annual Reports

Maintenance notes