ANU Faculty of Law

Identity area

Type of entity

University unit

Authorized form of name

ANU Faculty of Law

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1960 - 2006

History

The University's Faculty of Law was inherited from the amalgamation of the University with Canberra University College in 1961 as part of the School of General Studies, then The Faculties in 1980. The Legal Workshop was introduced in the Faculty in 1972 and provided an alternative to taking articles as a means to enter the profession after completing the ANU Bachelor of Laws. In 2006 it was incorporated into the ANU College of Law.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

teaching and learning

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

ANU School of General Studies (1960 - 1980)

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

associative

Dates of the relationship

Description of relationship

Related entity

ANU College of Law (2006 -)

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

Associated with

Dates of the relationship

2006 -

Description of relationship

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 21 May 2013

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

The Making of the Australian National University 1946-1996 by S G Foster and Margaret M Varghese
Australian National University Annual Reports 2005-2011

Maintenance notes