ANU Department of Economic History, Faculty of Economics

Identity area

Type of entity

University unit

Authorized form of name

ANU Department of Economic History, Faculty of Economics

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1961 - 1983

History

The Department of Economic History was one of four departments in the Faculty of Economics which offered its courses to both the Faculty of Economics and Faculty of Arts, when the School of General Studies was established in 1961. From January 1961, Professor Graham Tucker was Head of Department. The Faculty of Economics was renamed the Faculty of Economics and Commerce in 1983.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

teaching and learning

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

ANU Department of Economic History, Faculty of Economics and Commerce (1983 - 2000)

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

temporal

Dates of the relationship

- 1983

Description of relationship

Related entity

Tucker, Graham Shardalow Lee (1924 - 1980)

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

Associated with

Dates of the relationship

1961 - 1979

Description of relationship

Professor and Chair

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 19 August 2015

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Australian National University Calendars 1961
Australian National University Annual Report 1983

Maintenance notes