Connor, Doherty and Durack Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Connor, Doherty and Durack Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1897 – 1950

History

The firm was incorporated in Australia as Connor, Doherty and Durack Limited on 14 May 1897. The company was closely associated with Ivanhoe Grazing Co Pty Ltd and owned cattle properties at Auvergne and Newry (Northern Territory) and Argyle Downs (Western Australia). It was acquired by Union Pastoral Investments Limited in March 1950, a company formed by the Australian Agricultural Company and the Peel River Land & Mineral Company Ltd.

Places

Western Australia; Northern Territory

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

sheep and cattle farming

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 7 March 2012

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

The Australian Pastoral Directory
Australian Agricultural Company Annual Report 1949
The West Australian “Deal in Cattle Land”, 18 April 1950, http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/47842181?searchTerm= (accessed on 7 March 2012)

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC