Charles L Griffith and Company

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Charles L Griffith and Company

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

c. 1878 - 1908

History

The company was established by Charles L Griffith who arrived in Albury in 1878 and set up his firm of stock and station agents at Dean Street, Albury. Charles L Griffith & Co held live stock sales regularly in Albury, Wagga Wagga, Wodonga, Corowa, Tallangatta and Corryong. The company was purchased by Dalgety and Co Ltd and its Albury sub-branch was opened on 1 April 1908. Following the purchase of the company in 1908, two sons of Charles L Griffith, Charles H and L C Griffith worked in Dalgety and Co Ltd's Albury branch.

Places

Albury, New South Wales

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

stock and station agent

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 3 April 2012

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Albury and District Historical Society Inc Bulletin (May 2011) http://www.alburyhistory.org.au/downloads/Bulletin-512.pdf (accessed on 3 April 2012)
Trove, http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/20296193 (accessed on 3 April 2012)

Maintenance notes