Bukalong Station

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Bukalong Station

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

c. 1858 -

History

Bukalong Station was originally owned by John Boucher. In 1874 the sons of George Garnock, who owned the adjacent area of Mount Pleasant, formed a partnership, Garnock Brothers (Charles; John; David Matthew; and Andrew William), and bought Bukalong from the Boucher Estate. In 1903 the partnership dissolved and Bukalong became the property of the youngest brother, Andrew William Garnock. After his death in 1943, Bukalong station was inherited by Charles Tony Garnock and is still owned by his descendents.

Places

Bombala, New South Wales

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

sheep and cattle farming

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 6 May 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

www.abc.net.au/rural/legends/stories/1_2.htm (accessed on 6 May 2011)
Monaro Pioneers database: www.monaropioneers.com/garnockg.htm (accessed on 6 May 2011)

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC