Ballarat United Friendly Societies’ Medical Association and Dispensary

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Ballarat United Friendly Societies’ Medical Association and Dispensary

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Ballarat United Friendly Societies Dispensary

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1880 - c. 1984

History

The Ballarat United Friendly Societies' Medical Association and Dispensary was established as the Ballarat United Friendly Societies' Dispensary on 5 December 1880. The first dispensary opened in Armstrong Street in 1881 and moved to Dana Street in 1901. In 1918 the society changed its name to the Ballarat United Friendly Societies' Medical Association and Dispensary and operated a medical institute from 1919 to 1939. In 1952 the UFS Dispensary was relocated to 717 Sturt Street. Various branch dispensaries were opened in Ballarat and surrounding western region after 1957.

Places

Ballarat, Victoria

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

friendly society; pharmaceutical retailing

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 18 June 2012

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

http://ufsmedical.com.au/about (accessed on 18 June 2012)
The Argus, "Ballarat Medical Institute”, 1 February 1918, p. 4, http://trove.nla.gov.au/

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC