Bagot, Shakes and Lewis Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Bagot, Shakes and Lewis Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1888 - 1924

History

The firm was established on 6 November 1888 and its members included John Lewis, William Lister, James Shakes, and George Wallwall Bagot. It became a large pastoral firm with company premises in King William Street, Adelaide, and branches in many towns. The company was purchased by Goldsbrough, Mort and Company in June 1924 and went into liquidation in December that year.

Places

Adelaide, South Australia

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

stock and station agent

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 1 May 2012

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

The West Australian, "Bagot, Shakes and Lewis Ltd Purchased by Goldsbrough, Mort, and Co (17 June 1924), p. 8, http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/31237049 (accessed on 1 May 2012)
Australian Dictionary of Biography, http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/lewis-john-599 (accessed on 1 May 2012)
Obituaries Australia, http://oa.anu.edu.au/obituary/bagot-george-wallwall-49 (accessed on 1 May 2012)

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC