Analite Proprietary Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Analite Proprietary Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1946 - 1984

History

Analite Pty Ltd, a laboratory equipment manufacturing business established in 1946 by Esmond Selby, Managing Director of the Sydney office of H B Selby & Company Pty Ltd, became a subsidiary of H B Selby Australia Limited in May 1951. Among Analite’s the more notable achievements was the development of sets of one-piece non-magnetic stainless steel analytical masses, accurate enough to be certified by the National Standards Laboratory. In 1982-83 H B Selby Australia Ltd succumbed to a triple takeover, firstly by Warburton O’Donnell, then by Comeng Holdings Ltd and, lastly, by Australian National Industries (ANI). Analite continued as a subsidiary of Australian National Industries until September 1984 when, due to declining profits and competition from overseas markets, it was wound up altogether.

Places

North Ryde, New South Wales and Notting Hill, Victoria

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

machinery and equipment manufacturing; glass manufacturing

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

Directors: Selby, Esmond John (1911-1998); Selby, Benn Atherton (1914 - 2011)

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Prepared by Margaret Avard in February 2014

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Dr Samuel Furphy (2005): Selbys the Science People: A History of H B Selby Australia Limited

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC