Deposit 4 - Alroy Downs Station deposit

Identity area

Reference code

AU NBAC 4

Title

Alroy Downs Station deposit

Date(s)

  • 1884 - 1937 (Creation)

Level of description

Deposit

Extent and medium

0.4 m

Context area

Name of creator

(c. 1913 -)

Administrative history

The property of Alroy Downs Station was established in 1878 by W Lamb. It was subsequently bought in 1914 by J C H Schmidt of Goolburra, Queensland. Its first manager was F Story who commenced duties in 1914. From 1934 to 1936, Schmidt's son Rudolf managed the property. The station remained owned by the family company and was later run by Trevor Schmidt, who was also managing director of The Australian Agricultural Company from 1974 to 1988. It was bought in early 2004 by Peter Sherwin and later sold to Sterling Buntine in March 2008.

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Correspondence records, financial records, manager's reports, maps of the Northern Territory and Queensland (1898-1922), diary (1884)

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Researchers must sign an access agreement

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

NBAC 17

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Dates of creation revision deletion

Entered from deposit description on 29 June 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places